Casper is looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our Operations team in our San Francisco office. The SME will report into our Manager of Manufacturing Engineering and work closely with our Product Design, Sourcing, Quality, and Operations teams to ensure the highest level of quality of Casper's products.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex manufacturing engineering projects for new and released products with minimal direction.
- Meet design guidelines, fulfill cost, timing, reliability, and manufacturing requirements of a project.
- Accountable for manufacturing elements of project execution including integration of complicated components and assemblies, materials, packaging and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on-going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturable. Fixture development and qualification, line layout, UPH calculations, and efficiency improvement.
- Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis.
- Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies tests to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards.
- Willingness to travel an estimate of up to 30% annually
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, electrical or mechanical engineering required - MBA or Masters degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience as an engineer
- Hardware manufacturing experience preferred
- Great communicator at all levels from assembly line technicians to VP level executives
- Lean manufacturing experience preferred
- 6 Sigma and quality system knowledge preferred
- Strong project management and cross-functional working style preferred
- Must love sleep!
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!