HoneyBook is a business management platform for creative entrepreneurs that centralizes and automates workflow, digital payments, and generates business opportunities for our customers. We champion technology as our ally in celebrating human passion and originality. At HoneyBook, every day we are on a mission to empower the creative economy to rise together, doing what they love.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. If you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment, join our team!
HoneyBook is on the search for a Data Scientist join the team in our Tel Aviv HQ. You will be joining our data team and act as a key participant in driving research, design, development, and delivery of data solutions based on our unique data.
The ideal candidate will be an independent and reliable team player with a strong background in quantitative work. You will be expected to be a self-learner that can research state of the art techniques and methods and then translate these into real-world products.
This hire will impact the company from day one. Are you up for the challenge?
Here are a few of the things you’ll do…
- Use cutting edge machine learning algorithms, statistics and business intelligence to drive valuable insights to our customers.
- Apply your creativity to research and explore new applications from our current and future data.
- Take an active role in the realization and implementation of each project, and drive it throughout its entire cycle – from research and all the way to application integration within our core technology offering.
- Become a key player and evangelist of data in HoneyBook. Collaborate with both development and product teams to drive superior results in a timely manner.
- Build strong interfaces with the entire R&D team to understand architecture, application development, and analytics requirements.
- Push the boundaries and footprint of data-driven decision making by working closely with operational teams, support, finance, and other organizational units.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- M.Sc./P.hD. with strong quantitative skills
- Hands-on experience in applying statistics and machine learning methods to real-world data
- Good understanding of data and its limitation: sampling, frequency, manipulation and cleaning techniques to name a few
- Proven Experience in implementing your model in either Python / R / Scala
- Working experience with either SQL based RDBMS or NoSQL
- Working experience with large data sets and good acquaintance with the Big Data ecosystem (Spark, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, etc)
- Working Experience in Cloud-based environments is a plus
- Creative problem-solving skills. You take unique approaches to tackle your work.
- Passion for collaboration and achieving growth in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-direct workload.
- Intellectually curious. You are not satisfied with the status quo and are always thinking about what is next.
- Excellent communication skills (Hebrew & English) with the ability to distill complex problems into clear and concise insights.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge - our primary customers today are creative businesses, which accounts for $150B per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in four years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $46M from investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.