Summary: The Materials Supervisor has the overall responsibility for Silk Road Medical’s Inventory Control including components, materials, supplies, and transactions to ensure no production downtime and compliance.
- Manages all in-bound material-related daily activities. This includes receiving, material transfers, Work Orders, NCMR’s, material dispositions, and inventory management.
- Manages the Master Data elements include material master records, purchasing info records, vendor master records, logistics master data elements and other key ERP system data master.
- Interface with manufacturing, supply chain, and quality assurance teams to optimize processes by leveraging our ERP.
- Documents and maintains operational procedures, develops and oversees project plans, and implements change control procedures to ensure inventory efficiencies.
- Manage and process requests for master data set up and changes within the ERP system.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new best practices.
- Maintain integrity of master data by performing monthly/quarterly audits to ensure that the data has been set up properly in the ERP system and in compliance with the standard
- Work with cross-functional teams within the ERP support organization and with the user community related to Supply Chain.
- Manages stock levels in accordance with the build plan and usage rates.
- Manages daily receiving and inventory transactions
- Manage all inbound personnel
- Responsible for implanting and conducting routing cycle counts for inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for coordinating Year-End Inventory and working with auditors to ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain or a related field is preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Previous lead or supervisory responsibilities.
- At least 5-7years of practical work experience in supply chain, manufacturing operations or a related field.
- Working knowledge related to inventory management, materials planning, warehousing and ERP systems.
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably QAD.
- Demonstrated work history of cross-functional project management.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and problem resolution capabilities.
- Demonstrate sense of urgency with respect to achieving on-time delivery and quality goals.
Other Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and occasional competing deadlines while maintaining a cooperative working relationship with other employees and Managers.
- Must be highly organized and able to execute task in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with medical industry or medical device industry preferred.
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime.
- Be punctual and adhere to company policies.
- Insatiable appetite for learning and constant improvement.
- Works in accordance with current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP).
What We Offer You:
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment