About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst has been named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and a winner of Gallup Great Workplace award. Health Catalyst earned the highest overall score in Healthcare BI by KLAS and, for the sixth year in a row, was named to the Best Places to Work in Healthcare list by Modern Healthcare. Health Catalyst analyzes healthcare records of almost a third of the US population (65 million patients) and recently released the first open source software for healthcare machine learning: healthcare.ai.
Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others. Health Catalyst products and services are utilized in over 400 hospitals and 4000 clinics, supporting over 90 million patients.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Senior Accountant is a detail-oriented individual who will play a key role in the accounting department at Health Catalyst. This person will assist in the completion of month end responsibilities and other accounting functions within the department. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review invoices, communicating with employees and vendors to understand charges to ensure proper coding
- Develop and communicate invoice coding requirements to third-party performing invoice data entry tasks
- Respond to questions regarding billing matters inside and outside of the organization
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures related to A/P and additional areas as assigned, including: fixed assets, prepaid assets, accruals, and expense allocations
- Perform review of credit card and employee expense reimbursement transactions to ensure coding complies with GAAP and company accounting policies
- Assist with development of processes and controls to increase efficiency and mitigate risks as the Company grows
- Assist with providing data for finance to use in budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with the preparation of external audit documentation and other ad hoc projects
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables and lookups), proficient with other MS Office applications
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and implications for processing payable transactions, including: capital expenditures; prepaid expenses; and accrued expenses
- ERP system experience, Workday is a plus
- Strong communication, both verbal and written; ability to communicate effectively in a professional work environment
- Ability to work independently within a team environment; manage deadlines and competing priorities
- Team player; willingness to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities with a positive attitude to get the work completed and meet deadlines
Education & Relevant Experience
- Accounting or Finance degree required
- 2 - 4 years of accounting experience in public accounting or within operational accounting functions including month-end close process
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.