Our Data Engineer summer internship is a 10-week program designed to further develop the skill sets learned through university curriculum and courses. As part of our internship program, a Data Engineer Mentor will be assigned to you, to assist you through the learning process.
The vision of the Data Engineering team is to build a scalable platform to collect and analyze large amounts of data originating from secure, real-time messaging to enable data-driven decision-making capabilities for businesses.
As the Data Engineer Intern, you will receive hands-on experience, as you work alongside more experienced Data Engineers. You will get the opportunity to build a scalable pipeline to handle 10X the data volume and to implement a large number of analytics algorithms on a parallel framework such as Hadoop. You will also be working on data visualization solutions to make complex data more accessible, understandable and usable.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Graduating by June 2020 or earlier with a BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science or related field.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be able to work out of our San Jose, CA office Monday - Friday
- Strong programming skills in Java and Python and/or Shell scripting.
Knowledge in MySQL, SQL and or Map/Reduce
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- Ability to interface well with Professional Service staff and other non-technical members of the organization.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Be a team player
- Commitment to intern during the period of June-August
- Have taken Database Systems, analysis of Algorithms or related coursework
- Have experience with Hadoop/Pig/Spark
- Have experience with AWS and related stack