We build SaaS products with a mission to make our customers the most sought after people in their company.
Our technology stamps out fraud, waste, and unethical business around the globe. That means we’ve helped save public agencies and businesses millions of dollars by finding fraud, putting corrupt officials in jail, and tracking down criminals and terrorists. This is serious stuff and we’re seriously good at it.
We are looking for an awesome co-op student to join our software development team.
We have a product development group of 70+ and counting (the company has over 300 employees), located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We work in small “brigades” comprised of 5 or so Software Engineers, 2 Software Engineer in Test, a Manager, a UX Designer and a Product Manager. It’s our version of a scrum team.
But that's enough about us. This is what we're looking for in our next Software Engineer co-op, joining us in May 2019!
As a co-op Software Engineer you will be embedded with one of our brigades to take code from design to production. You will take what you learned about coding and algorithms and build on top of those skills to create thoroughly tested, well designed, easily adaptable, and beautiful software that other developers will crush on. You will work closely with UX designers, senior engineers, test automation experts, and a supportive team that values learning and growth.
- Design and Develop - We take a collaborative approach to creating software. You'll work with the brigade to write code that others are happy to support. You'll participate in peer code review, pair programming, and design sharing sessions to maintain and grow our knowledge and quality standards.
- Support – You will take part to ensure our customers are getting the best experience from the code that we write through automated testing and monitoring, and responding to production issues as they arise.
- Continuously improve – We are always striving to improve how our brigades work, either within the brigade or across brigades. You will be a part of our technical sharing, demos, retrospective, and learning sessions to learn and identify ways to get better together.
- You will be developing our online analytics and reporting tools using the latest front end and web frameworks running on AWS infrastructure.
- You are working towards a University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, and participating in your school's co-op progam.
- You have a working knowledge of RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server.
- You understand what objected-oriented programming means and experience with more than one programming language.
- You have experience creating your own web application and understand web protocols.
- You believe in continuous learning, are self-driven to learn new things, and share your ideas and knowledge.
- You have good oral and written communications skills.
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
Want to learn more about ACL?
- Check out Build ACL, our Engineering blog! Here you can learn what technologies we use and what kinds of problems we are solving in the real world.
- Follow us on Instagramand Twitter to get into the #aclspirit!
- Visit com/careersto learn more about what it’s like to be on the ACL team!