Founded in 2013, Madison-Reed is a prestige beauty brand empowering women with the ultimate hair-color hack. Rather than settling for a suboptimal hair color "box" product or an expensive and time consuming salon visit - they provide her with a hair color experience she never thought possible: Salon-gorgeous multi-tonal hair color with shine and softness, a no-smell low chemical ingredient profile, gold standard customer service with certified licensed colorists on call, cutting-edge diagnostic color matching technology, delivered to her door/on her schedule at a revolutionary price.
In addition to their at-home hair color product, Madison Reed recently announced the expansion of its new concept: Madison Reed Color Bars, that are expanding nationally to 20 stores by 2019. These Color Bars are designed for women who either need a little more hands-on assistance before doing their hair color at home, or for women who will always want assistance. Color Bars are the "un-salon" where clients can get salon-quality hair color at a fraction of the time and expense of a traditional salon, using our same great hair color formulations.
Madison Reed at-home hair color kits and color bars combined represents a two-pronged attack on the $15Bn (US only) hair color market and a welcome innovation for millions of women who didn't think a better way was possible.
The above is what Madison Reed does, but what is more profound is their why. The company’s proposition is an expression of a deep-founded belief of its founder, Amy Errett, who believes a confident woman is a beautiful woman and that women should confidently demand more because they deserve more, not just in hair color, but in their lives. She believes this so deeply that she named the company after her daughter, Madison Reed. Consistent with "confident is the new beautiful", the company recently announced zero retouching in all advertising photography.
Madison-Reed is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by leading investors: Norwest Partners, True Ventures, Comcast Ventures and Maveron. The company is growing 70% year-over-year and is positioned for continued growth.
Madison-Reed is currently seeking a Vice President of Operations as we scale and open additional color bars throughout the US.
The individual in this role needs to think creatively, act strategically, and build a solid foundation for the Operations team. This role reports to our Chief Product Officer and will work closely with the C-level executive team
The VP of Operations will oversee strategic and financial planning, goal setting, and day-to-day management of all Color Bar locations and the Central Operations function at headquarters. This role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of initiatives relative to the operations of Madison Reed Color Bars. This position will be responsible for the operations opening (not construction) for 10-20 Color Bars per year across multiple states . The VP of Operations will have ownership in expanding our color bars overseeing all facets of operations including delivery of all client services, payroll, and developing processes and improvements in financial performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing all aspects of Color Bar operations across multiple states and cities.
- Ensuring our platform is successful at local levels and transferable to different geographies
- Developing internal control systems to ensure accountability
- Formulating training and incentive plans
- Developing and improving efficient team structures and performance in Color Bars and field leadership.
- Direct reports will include District Managers, Color Bar Managers, new store opening coordinators and trainers, and Central Operations staff at headquarters.
- Developing budgets and financial plans with the COO and CFO, and ensuring the operational execution delivers those financial targets.
- Position will be a strategic and operational thought leader with the COO and CEO to build Madison Reed Color Bars into an industry leading disrupter.
- Position will work closely with the Real Estate, Marketing, and People Departments to achieve industry leadership.
- 10+ years leadership operations experience, preferably running marketplaces, customer service and field operations in a rapidly scaling multi-unit company.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and prioritize workload to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Must be a team player
- Proven leadership ability, as well as strength in building internal partnerships
- Ability to think strategically and develop achievable long term goals
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills to successfully implement strategic initiatives from initial idea through execution
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, critical-thinking, and presentation skills; including the ability to provide written and verbal direction effectively
- Experience with technical integrations, on-demand industry and learning management systems a plus