Are you a fluent German speaker, and want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Built on a decade of expertise analyzing the complete traveler path to purchase, Sojern drives travelers from dream to destination. The company delivered $13B in bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, and Istanbul.
If you want to…
- Be at the forefront of digital marketing, data and hospitality
- Make an impact and establish yourself as a digital ad sales expert
- Take on the world!!!
Then keep reading….
And you’re enjoying the idea of…
- Speaking on the phone with potential customers all day long
- Building your own book of business via proactive lead generation
- Sourcing new independent hotels
- Influencing people
- Closing, closing, closing!
- Achieving targets
Sojern is seeking a business development professional to manage Sojern’s development and monetisation of hotel accounts by selling online advertising & Sojern’s RevDirect commissionable program, utilising unique data from our multitude of travel partners.
This is a proactive business development role requiring previous proactive sales experience, pipeline management and conversion skills. Prior experience in providing customers online travel and hotel related products and service will be an asset but not essential.
This is a phone based role in a call center environment. So you need to be comfortable with high volume of calls.
- Identify and engage qualified boutique and independent hotels via phone or emails to position and sell Sojern’s digital advertising solutions
- Adopt a consultative sales approach to identify customers’ pain points and analyse their needs to best position Sojern’s growing multi-product offering
- Deliver persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern and drive customer conversion by phone, email and skype calls
- Consultative customer service approach to the hotel industry
- Become an expert in digital media advertising leveraging the available training and professional development resources at Sojern
- Partner with your peers in the Advertising Operations organization to ensure customer success
- Achieve and exceed monthly targets through a combination of new property acquisitions and opportunistic upsells
- Support the ongoing growth in the Dublin and European organization by mentoring, nurturing and assisting new employees
- Work with your peers in the US and Asia to share best practices and partner together to close global customers
- 3+ years of sales experience, lead generation, or general business experience
- High degree of proactive sales ability in lead generation and prospecting
- Ability to manage change, demonstrate adaptability
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- High energy partnered with a positive attitude
- Fluent German, with a high level of English
- Experience in hotel sales, reservations, revenue, distribution or managing OTAs
- Experience within hotels, online travel, hospitality, tourism or advertising in general
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead innovative and challenging projects
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- Time off: 25 vacation days per annum
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.