We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
You will act as a voice for quality assurance and will need to defend the integrity of the code, anticipate quality needs/changes and eventually build a high performing team. Expect to be working directly with clients, contributing to internal initiative and tech talks and fielding day-to-day communications with technical client and third-party teams.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to put cognitive computing in action to truly change the world. If this sounds interesting then let’s talk about how you can contribute to our successful delivery of high quality solutions for CognitiveScale.
- Working closely with product management, developers, and solutions teams to define new platform framework features insuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
- Analyzing business problems and developing test plans and solutions to resolve these problems.
- Evaluating testing tools and stacks Automating tests.
- Collecting, tracking, and analyzing quality metrics on how to improve performance.
- Experience with security testing Preparing for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Assisting engineering in defining development tasks Performing peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
- Contributing ideas for continually improving the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Mentoring junior team members.
- Having fun working with an exceptional team and creating cutting edge software.
- 3+ years experience in test automation and working in the agile process framework (Kanban, Scrum).
- Hands-on expertise with Java, Python, Scala, or other programming language Experience with automated build tools like Gradle, Maven, Grunt, etc. and UI testing tools like Selenium.
- At least 1 year experience with OWASP analysis or testing, load testing tools (ex: gatling), *nix platform, SQL data stores, and no SQL data stores.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization Keen business judgment, focus, and ability to see the "big picture" and prioritize.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to both internal and executive teams in relevant business terms.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent experience.
- Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.