Mist is revolutionizing the networking space with the first AI-driven WLAN. With groundbreaking technology, a seasoned team who has changed the world before, marquee customers, and backing by the best investors in Silicon Valley, we are well positioned for success. But we need your help…
Mist is looking to add a talented and highly creative marketing professional to its product marketing team. As an experienced SaaS and/or networking industry marketing expert, you will lead the effort to craft go to market strategy for location services as well as your verticals and technology partner solutions. You will sustain a focused drive to help announce new products and solutions to create awareness and fuel lead generation. Your ability to apply innovative thinking and hard work will quickly translate to positive impact on the business. Your track record and passion for bringing new SaaS and/or networking products to market will help shape the next-generation workplace in the enterprise and in key verticals such as retail, higher education, digital workplace(enterprise) and healthcare.
This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing and will work closely with the marketing, sales and product management teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define Mist’s positioning and solution messages for the location services portfolio as well as those verticals and technology partners for which you own the go to market
- Develop presentations, web copy and related collateral conveying Mist’s value proposition
- Actively participate in social media, marketing activities, tradeshows and events as a lead evangelist for Mist’s location services and AI for IT partnerships
- Document vertical success stories, ROI and value proposition based on input from customers, partners and sales teams.
- Be the expert on BLE competitive and enable sales/channel to position Mist’s solution relative to others
- Drive marketing efforts with ecosystem partners, including introduction to sales, web copy and joint marketing activities
- Support cross-functional solution launch efforts such as creative, sales enablement, PR, channel programs, demand gen, etc.
- Support sales organization and partners as the Subject Matter Expert for your product lines and verticals
- Work closely with other marketing personnel for demand generation and lead nurturing campaigns
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BA or BS degree required; MBA degree is preferred
- 5+ years of product marketing, technical marketing, or product management experience
- Willing to travel 15% to support field marketing events, conferences and sales calls
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills with passion for technology and innovation
- Positive attitude that appreciates and shares constructive feedback
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills; effective cross-functional driver
- Experience in the networking, indoor location, cloud or artificial intelligence spaces preferred
- Previous start-up experience in a similar role is a strong plus
- Strong social media background with experience in driving engagement from bloggers and influencers
- Ability to translate complexity into creative, intuitive marketing campaigns
- Proven track record of establishing credibility with key customers, technology partners, prospects and sales teams