Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
At Policygenius, marketing covers a broad scope of activities from customer acquisition and retention to our educational content on our site. Our acclaimed marketers use data everyday to measure performance and squeeze as much value out of our efforts as possible. We also rely on data to inform critical decisions that drive our business forward.
With an eye towards continuous improvement, you will support and shape marketing strategies that will materially impact the bottom line. As part of the Business Intelligence team, this role will dive into the unique challenges of marketing analytics to reveal insights and drive them to action.
- Support the Marketing teams in solving business-critical problems across Product, Operations and Engineering
- Drive continuous improvement to enhance and expand on reporting infrastructure
- Design & execute AB testing and multivariate testing plans as required
- Carry out ad hoc analyses from data acquisition to business recommendations
- Support with design and measurement of incrementality test and media/marketing attribution
- Extract insights on drivers of marketing performance, ROI and downstream conversion
- Collaborate closely with marketers to design & implement marketing KPI
- Incorporate data and insights from adjacent functions, e.g. customer profiles, marketing activities, website design & development, downstream conversion, etc.
- 3+ years experience analyzing marketing activities with with clear, quantifiable results; expertise in digital marketing (e.g. SEO, social, content marketing) is highly desired
- Proficiency in marketing concepts, activities and analytical challenges, having worked with marketers, brand managers and/or agencies
- Experience in cross-functional project work to deliver measurable business impacts
- The ability to synthesize, visualize and communicate ideas to stakeholders across different functions and levels
- An exceptionally analytical mindset, driven by curiosity with a focus on data-driven decision making and measuring success
- Comfort and desire to take the wheel and tackle complex and ambiguous problems
- Fluency in SQL with experience in data visualization in Tableau or similar tools
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degree preferred
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)