Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Marketing at Policygenius...
At Policygenius, we prioritize consumer needs above all else—and it starts with our marketing. As a startup looking to disrupt centuries-old behemoths, we’re taking a completely different approach to help consumers understand financial protection. Through our educational content, direct tone, and emphasis on transparency, we empower them to make good financial decisions for themselves and their families.
About the role...
As the Director of Product Marketing, you and your team will champion the voice of the consumer in everything we do. You will be responsible for owning our go-to-market strategy for our various insurance verticals (Life, Disability, Home, Auto, etc.) as well as discovering and actioning insights about our consumers and our products across our entire marketing mix.
Working closely with the Marketing team, you’ll help grow our audience and improve our messaging strategies to better convey our value and deliver on consumer needs. With the Product team, you’ll help ensure we continue to uphold our commitment to be the easy way to compare and buy insurance online.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this position has the unique opportunity to work cross-functionally with the full marketing, product, and operations teams.
- Develop comprehensive research strategies to uncover new insights about our consumers and translate those into actionable product features and marketing tactics
- Be a leader at the table with the Product team, helping to prioritize new features, tests and products based on your understanding of our consumer insights
- Lead a growing team of product marketers who are responsible for connecting the dots between product, marketing and operations for each of our insurance verticals
- 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing and/or related fields, growth-stage startup experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with marketing and product platforms (Iterable, Optimizely, Unbounce, Tableau, Google Analytics)
- Experience leading, recruiting and motivating high-performing teams in fast-paced environments
- Superior written and verbal communication skills for customer-facing and internal audiences
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with Product, Marketing, Customer Service and Sales teams
- Basic technical skills, including HTML, CSS, and SQL
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)