Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About the role...
Policygenius' Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand — and fun to read about! The Senior Editor, Audience Development will work closely with our Editorial Director to conceive, write and edit best-in-class content across distribution channels. They will actively produce our weekly newsletter and come up with innovative ways to engage readers and grow subscribers. This role will report to the Editorial Director.
- Produce and edit our weekly newsletter
- Ideate, pitch and create new editorial features, tools, campaigns and more
- Manage a small team of editors and writers
- Track existing key performance indicators, establish new engagement metrics and report out on progress to the broader marketing team
- Collaborate with the editorial team’s managing editors and/or stakeholders from different departments to execute on new content partnerships and opportunities
- Assist other members of the content team with writing and editing as needed — teamwork makes the dream work!
- 5+ years experience with a proven track record of turning traffic to content into an actively-engaged digital community; management experience a plus!
- Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
- Knowledge of digital media trends and emerging platforms
- An endless supply of ideas about how to reach and engage readers across content channels
- An understanding of personal finance fundamentals
- Familiarity with email content-management systems
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)