The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for building our Client platform where we manage over 65,000 clients and customers. This requires you to work in an agile, collaborative space that’s extremely results focused.
OBJECTIVES & DELIVERABLES
As Avetta prepares for the future, it is embarking on an ambitious program to completely redesign and build a new state of the art NoSQL, cloud based, SOA platform to help the business scale and provide entirely new offerings. The Senior Software Engineer team is crucial to this technical renewal and will be part of a team using Design Thinking to design, develop, and test this next generation platform
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- 3+ years experience with Scala
- Deep knowledge of Scala/JVM internals
- Expertise in design and development of various web and enterprise applications using Type safe technologies like Scala, Akka, Play framework, Slick, MongoDb
- Experience in configuring, deploying the web applications on AWS servers using SBT, Docker and Play
- Experience with Spark a plus
- Passion for functional programming
- Strong communication skills. We talk a lot here at Avetta and we are looking for individuals who can proactively speak up to help us drive efficiency and innovation. You’ll get exposure to the cross functional departments - Product Mgmt, Sales, and especially OUR CUSTOMERS!
- Build it to last. We are looking for Software engineers who can build scalable code that will outlast that box of cup-o-noodles on your top shelf. What you code today needs to last through many versions and updates
- Hungry and passionate for cutting edge technology – you’re always looking for what’s new in the industry