Avetta Solutions Engineer – Primary role is to supports the pre-sales process for our field sales team. This role combines consultative selling, technical solution mapping and Client-facing relationship building. Required to understand customer goals & challenges, positioning Avetta as the solution leader. Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Solution Engineer must be creative and innovative in sales situations and come up with multiple solutions to the same problem. Candidates must have exceptional communications skills (both verbal and written), ability to deliver presentations, self-starter and have SaaS software pre-sales experience.
Activities of this position include: building relationships with prospects, current clients, the sales team and product partners, deliver presentations and demonstrations to articulate features and product differentiators, understand a prospect’s needs, complete RFP’s/RFI’s for Field Sales Team, maintain demo environment, configure/customize demo solutions, present solution to Prospects and Client’s remotely as well as in person.
Success Metrics: Solution Engineer will need to meet all assigned sales quotas and have a positive, measurable impact on generating new business.
Initial Sales Calls – 50+
Onsite Demos – 25+
RFP’s/RFI’s – 4+
Sales Contracts signed that SE was involved in – 5 +
Sales Quota – As per described in Sales Commission Plan
External NPS – Positive Net Promoter Score for Client/Prospect Relationships
Internal NPS – Positive Net Promoter Score for Internal Teams
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct discovery calls and qualify prospects with Regional Sales Managers/Strategic Account Managers.
- Research and understand the prospect or Client company that you are presenting to.
- Strategize with Field Sales to drive sales of product offerings.
- Clearly articulate functions and features to the following audiences: C-Level, HSE, Risk and Procurement.
- Develop relationships with prospects, customers, Field Sales and other internal teams.
- Understand what the sales team has in their pipeline at all times.
- Attend and participate in Weekly Sale Pipeline calls.
- Complete all incoming RFP’s/RFI’s.
- Work closely with Field Sales, Marketing and Product teams to complete final RFP and submit on their behalf.
- Maintain internal RPF database.
- Act as a liaison between prospect/client and internal product team. Report enhancement requests as well as any bugs that need to be addressed.
- Conduct external facing webinars to both prospects and clients.
- Willingness to travel 40 – 50% of the time.
- Previous field experience in one or more of Avetta’s core verticals.
- Respond quickly to incoming e-mails and phone calls.
- Ability to prioritize and time manage.
- Active listener.
- Pull from on the job experience to tell stories and relate the prospect/client.
- Provide weekly summary of activities to manager.
- Flexibility to occasionally work during evenings and weekends (as needed).
- Ability to educate and train other internal employees on new functionality and how to demo the Avetta solution to prospects/clients.
- Perform other assignments as directed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a pre-sales role selling SaaS software.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to create and present information/data analysis results that is informative and understandable.
- Experience with technical writing, investigations, CAPA system, procedure development, QA operations system, and QC analysis is required.
- Proficiency in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Web Conferencing Software (e.g. Zoom, Webex or Go To Meeting), and JIRA.
- Ability to use various presentation software at Client sites.