Lead/Senior Path Planning Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Employer: Phiar Technologies, Inc.
Location: Redwood City, CA; remote negotiable
Who We Are
Originally formed out of Harvard and the Harvard Innovation Labs in 2017, we began our development of the world’s first AI-driven AR navigation platform for drivers, using our ultra-efficient deep learning road-understanding AI. We are a group of dedicated professionals in deep learning, computer vision, software optimization, and UX design, and we are backed by multiple tier-1 mega VCs and Y Combinator ( TechCrunch feature: https://tcrn.ch/2TQHATu ). This is the perfect time to join our core team of 7, and to begin revolutionizing how billions of people perceive and navigate the world!
Who You Are
Phiar’s core engineering team is looking for an experienced engineer to work on path planning and trajectory optimization for visualizing AR navigational drive paths. This person should have experience in developing efficient path planning, route planning, or trajectory optimization algorithms for drones, robots, or self-driving cars.
- Help productionizing real-time path planning and trajectory optimization on Phiar’s iOS mobile platform.
- Research and engineer Phiar’s mobile path planning and trajectory optimization to be more robust, light-weight, and accurate for outdoor driving environments.
- Keep up with the latest state-of-the-art path planning and trajectory optimization research, and integrate into Phiar’s iOS mobile pipeline.
- MS or PhD in computer science, robotics or related fields, with focus on path and route planning, trajectory optimization, and navigation.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing and working with path planning under uncertainty and constraints, real-time trajectory optimization, and state estimation.
- Familiar with popular search and path planning algorithms, such as A*, RRT, CC-RRT, bug algorithm, and randomized search methods.
- Extensive software engineering experience in C/C++.
- Strong problem solver, hacker, critical and independent thinker.
- Working knowledge of recent machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of computational geometry
- Experience with parallel programing using GPU or multi-core systems.
- Experience in mobile development
Phiar is a leading AI and AR company with industry leading on-device mobile deep learning AI technologies. We offer competitive salaries, company sponsored medical/dental/vision/chiro/life benefits, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and we sponsor H1B visa. We are a group of passionate and fun loving people, join us to build something amazing and changing the world together!