This position provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment. Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Recommends hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization’s computer users about basic and specialized applications. Expected to be resourceful, perform research, and coordinate with other Appriss team members, if necessary, to resolve issues. Must be a self-motivated and fast problem solver, thriving in a fast-paced work environment, capable of providing excellent and personable customer service, and working well in a small group of highly skilled individuals.
This position is 2nd shift from 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Minimum Requirements Education
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or three years equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 1+ years’ experience in a help desk, NOC, or other technical support position.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems related to hardware and operating system issues with Windows 10 workstations.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems related to hardware and operating system issues with Apple workstations (OS X 10.8 or higher).
- Experience with malware and virus removal.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues in the Microsoft Office product suite, including Office 2016 and Office 365 as well as OneDrive for Business.
- Experience with printers, including basic diagnosis and repair, as well as managing printer queues and print spooler services.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues on PCs, including resolving network adapter issues. Including a clear understanding of how IPv4/IPv6 and DNS works for troubleshooting purposes.
- Understanding of basic network protocols, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with technical writing, including training and process documentation is a plus.
Physical and Mental Requirements Job
Involves considerable physical exertion such as regular climbing of ladders, lifting heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly frequent basis, and/or assuming awkward positions for periods of time. Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H