Directs the activities of a software applications development function for software application enhancements and new products. This position oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of computer programs for commercial or end user applications, such as PMP AWARxE, PMP Gateway, PMP InterConnect and other strategic platforms in the Appriss Health product portfolio. This powition will lead a team of managers and developers that are responsible for using modern, robust software development techniques for analyzing, investigating and prioritizing applications engineering tasks. Daily responsibilities include:
- Leading a team to ensure robust and accurate preparation of design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Interacts with product managers, project managers, marketing, sales, and users to define & prioritize application requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Ensure robust testing and documentation to deliver bug-free code that meets specifications on time and on budget.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the function.
- Additional responsibilities to ensure delivery of these platforms.
Education BS in Computer Science, Industrial Management, Engineering or a related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 8 years programming and systems analysis in high technology business area.
- 3 of these years should be in a leadership or management position leading multi-person projects, providing strategic development and analysis.
- Solid skills in managing application development teams.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Helpful / Preferred Experience leading product development teams in Software as a Service company is preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H