The Mary Byron Project (MBP), fostering innovations and strategies to end intimate partner violence, is a not -for -profit providing awareness, advocacy, and thought leadership focused on ending intimate partner violence at home, in the workplace, and in our communities. For nearly 20 years, MBP has provided a national impetus to search for substantive change beyond crisis intervention in order to end the generational cycle of intimate partner violence.
Recognizing that many victims who access the justice system for safety do not receive the necessary remedies they need, MBP seeks to establish an appellate project similar to DVLEAP (located in DC) dvleap.org and Family Violence Appellate Project (located in California) fvaplaw.org.
MBP seeks an executive director to propel us beyond our current service focus, to establish an appellate project serving survivors of intimate partner violence who face court decisions that adversely impact those survivors themselves, their children and extended families, and their communities in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Experienced legal practitioner, with at least five years of practice that demonstrates progressive levels of responsibility, including client counseling, pre-trial, trial and appellate practice.
- An active, engaged person familiar with legal, social services and law enforcement structures; processes and services for victims and survivors of intimate partner violence and their families and their employers.
Qualified candidates must:
- Think strategically and have experience identifying, recruiting, and leading staff and volunteers;
- Provide a track record of translating vision into action;
- Be innovative, persistent and determined to improve the status quo.
Please Introduce Yourself to Us
- Prepare a one-page description of a project you brought to a successful conclusion, including what it is, why it mattered and who it served.
- Share your vision for an appellate project for survivors of intimate partner violence, including what you think it should include, and why.
- Outline your first thirty workdays on the job at MBP. What would you do? With whom would you meet? How would you prioritize your work- and why?
We welcome your response, including your vita and narrative, no later than February 28.
Please send responses to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H