About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst provides data and analytics software and services to help providers and risk-bearing entities unleash their data to operate in a data-informed manner, driving improvements in their clinical and financial operations. Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others; enabling the Company to analyze healthcare records of over 100 million patients. Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The VP of Investor Relations position is a critical and highly visible leadership role at Health Catalyst. This role will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer, and other members of the leadership team to communicate the company’s strategy, growth opportunities, and business initiatives in a way that creates clarity, consistency and widespread understanding among investors and analysts. The role will also endeavor to build and expand Health Catalyst’s relationships with institutional investors and equity analysts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build a deep understanding of Health Catalyst’s strategy, market position, operating initiatives and financial outlook and distil these into key messaging for shareholders and other external stakeholders.
- Create public materials including press releases, presentations and conference call scripts which effectively communicates company’s shareholder value proposition. Develop and manage content of company’s investor relations section of the website.
- Review and aide in the positioning of the company’s financial reporting activities, including the annual report, quarterly statements, and shareholder materials.
- Contribute to company’s shareholder proxy solicitation process and annual shareholders meeting.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships of trust and respect with analysts and investors, acting as the key company point of interface for certain sell-side and buy-side firms.
- Speak on behalf of the company at investor presentations and meetings.
- Proactively anticipate and address investor and analyst focus areas.
- Understand, monitor and analyze financial models used by analysts to value/evaluate the company.
- Conduct competitive analysis, including the development of industry and peer company performance benchmarks.
- Gather intelligence and information in the marketplace and provide strategic feedback loop with internal business teams.
- Work to ensure that the financial press is well-informed on the company’s outlook, business strategy and performance expectations.
- This position requires high energy and a strong work ethic, outstanding communications and interpersonal skills and a deep knowledge of business and finance.
- A thorough knowledge of buyside fund structures
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and work effectively with corporate executives
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Excellent client relationship management skills
Education & Relevant Experience
- Financial modeling, presentation development, strong oral and written communication
- 7+ years’ experience in Investor Relations or related field (financial services /fund administration, corporate communications, portfolio management, or securities analysis) and a strong familiarity with the workings of the capital markets
- 7-10 years of business experience, preferably with a strategy background
- Deeply Committed to the Health Catalyst Way
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.