This role works with our Engineering teams to gather product knowledge and create detailed, usable documentation.
- Writes, organizes, and curates technical content about software features, capabilities, and troubleshooting
- Creates high-quality internal documentation for consumption by technical staff; creates materials that can be adapted to customer-facing guides for customers
- Utilize strong writing, editing, and communication skills to present technical information in a format that is easy to understand and meets the functional goals of the intended audience
- Works directly with Engineering and Product teams and process owners to collect information required for preparation of documents and develop a strong technical understanding of the software
- Helps to create company documentation strategy, creating processes to organize documentation and assisting technical teams with knowledge capture
- Works independently and cross-functionally under general supervision
- Excellent writing, editing and communicating skills.
- Understanding of what makes documentation clear and effective.
- An affinity for managing and writing systems and software documentation.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Familiarity with Web Applications and general system and software development concepts, processes.
- Experience with Atlassian tools e.g. Confluence and its Markdown language
- Experience using Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (though this does not need to be from a professional context).
- Experience with working in an agile development community.