The Customer Solutions Consultant acts as the primary technical resource to the Act-On Account Management team, articulating software technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The Solutions Consultant partners with the Account Management Team to uncover and understand customer requirements and propose solutions using Act-On’s marketing software, training/strategy resources, and professional services. The Solutions Consultant and Account Managers share responsibility for existing customer retention and expansion.
As a Customer Solutions Consultant, your daily activities include understanding customer workflows and requirements, coordinating resources to meet gaps in customer implementations, collaborating with product management on product development, demonstrating Act-On as a solution for customer needs, and participating in the full resell and renewal lifecycle.
Additional areas of responsibility: sales support, on-going training for the Account Management team, responses to technical and functional elements of RFPs/RFIs, and maintenance of the Act-On demonstration environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient using a SaaS solution for online demonstrations
- Technical capacity to become an Act-On expert
- Software technology background
- Strong understanding of sales, marketing and SaaS solution selling
- Experience in leading product demonstrations and online sales meetings
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand customer needs and communicate a solution
- Previous marketing technology experience
- Ability to analyze data with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Willingness to travel for occasional customer meetings
- Technical curiosity and a desire to fully explore the technology
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility working in a dynamic environment
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Previous experience with API’s and XML a plus.
- Experience with Marketing Automation, CRM, website hosting, and SEO preferred.
- Previous experience working with Marketing Automation software a plus.