LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Sr. Manager, strategy team, is responsible for leading all credit review and forecast process. You will be responsible for end to end integration of quarterly cohort loss / return forecast, credit line items in annual budget and collections capacity plan. You will be part of the core team that is responsible for re-engineering current loan origination to sale process. You will have exposure to both risk and return dynamics that impact LendingClub operation, executing state-of-the-art analytics to increase companies market share in marketplace. You will be working closely with vendors like credit rating agencies, data aggregators to leverage their tools and platforms for effective credit risk management.
What You'll Do
- Develop acquisition segmentation and forecast process in collaboration with modeling, credit strategy, investor analytics and controller group
- Leverage external vendors like Moody’s to inform LendingClub management of current state of economic affair, probable changes to future and perceived impact to company balance sheet
- Works closely with credit bureaus and data aggregators to develop data pipelines to understand market insights, performance and benchmark against LendingClub’s internal portfolio
- Experiment on sandbox solutions from data aggregators for customer level analytics
- Develop process to communicate a) market insights b) economic view and c) internal portfolio performance at different granularity to suit peer credit team to Sr. Audience
- Works closely with investor group to understand investor return expectations and map return expectations to current pipeline of loans
- Experiment with new tools and techniques to improve insights and streamline process
- 8+ years of analytical and risk experience
- Track record is developing new methods and process in P&L credit expense items like charge-off, provision expense etc.
- Track record in implementing business process change from inception to completion
- Experience working in different data environments
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and a real passion for collaboration
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Bachelor/Master’s degree with quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics)
- Strong technical programming such as SQL & SAS and visualization tool such as tableau etc
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.