LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Lending Club’s Compliance Department is seeking talented individuals for a position as Sr Compliance Analyst to support the company’s marketplace lending activities for borrower side. Based in San Francisco, CA, the incumbent will contribute to a strong risk management culture with first, second, and third line functions to ensure regulatory compliance risks are identified, monitored, mitigated, and reported on an ongoing basis.
This role provides support and subject matter expertise to advise and guide a line of business as well as the evaluation and development of effective regulatory compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
What You'll Do
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects from designing, implementing, and monitoring Lending Club’s compliance testing and monitoring program, overseeing and executing on the issues and events management program to drive resolution, and advising on laws and regulations applicable to consumer and commercial product lines, including providing guidance to business partners on business requirements.Design, implement, and monitor Lending Club’s compliance testing and monitoring program
- Implement testing and monitoring program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results
- Advise on laws and regulations applicable to consumer and commercial product lines, including providing guidance to business partners on business requirements
- Oversea and execute on the issues and events management program to drive resolution
- Review action plans and remediation documentation to support issues and event closure
- Assist Compliance leadership in fulfilling information requests from third-party partners and regulators
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements
- Develop controls for business processes to mitigate compliance risk
- Support risk assessment activities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business and legal partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA, FACTA, FDCPA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP, and GLBA
- 3 years of financial services experience, preferably in compliance, risk management, and/or audit roles
- Willingness and ability to learn new laws, rules, and regulations and interpret and apply them to Lending Club’s business model
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.