LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The Path Forward Return to Work program at LendingClub is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At LendingClub, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
What You'll Do
Here at LendingClub as a Sr Software Engineer, you’ll work on the platform that is transforming the banking industry. We’re looking for talented Software Engineers passionate about building new applications from the ground up and who will join a growing team in developing the products that allow our borrowers and investors to achieve their financial goals. The technology teams move fast, celebrate great ideas, inspire testing and learning, and stretch for new solutions.
- Are you a tried, enterprise Software/Java Engineer, having worked in a dynamic, agile environment with minimal supervision?
- Do you have experience working with agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing?
- Are you credible, offering 5+ years of meaningful experience?
- Currently you are working with Java and Web services
- UNIX/Linux is in your wheelhouse and you are currently utilizing your scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- You have strong database skills (SQL, MySQL, ORACLE)
- Solving problems is your passion
- You possess superb communication skills
- Self-motivated teammate who excels in a reciprocal environment. (This is the place to take initiative and ask intelligent questions!)
- You have the ability to scale applications
- Working knowledge of AWS
- You have a passion to deliver on-time, quality work
- You accumulated your development experience in a true agile environment
- You are passionate about our mission to transform the banking industry
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.