LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
The LendingClub Sr Third Party Audits & Due Diligence Analyst is a forward-thinking, resourceful, self starter who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a challenging environment. In this role, you are a key contributor in helping LendingClub build third party confidence by coordinating investor and third party examinations, including regulatory exams, as well as by developing a scalable process that provides ongoing assurance to existing and potential investors, and outside parties. You participate in other Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance initiatives as needed. This role will report to the Third Party Audits & Due Diligence Manager.
What You'll Do
- Act as contact and company liaison for external examinations
- Provide guidance and help rationalize the scope of third party reviews with proper company partners. Coordinate documentation requests with multiple business partners and manage walkthrough meetings.
- Anticipate and manage obstacles and formulate effective solutions
- Manage remediation plans to address examination findings and communicate exam results to management
- Collect and analyze results to identify areas of risk or opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement continuous monitoring programs to build efficiencies into the process
- Gain proficiency in investor reporting, using the Investor Portal and other internal programs
- Build strong business relationships with business and technology partners
- Other duties as assigned that will include Enterprise Risk Management or Compliance initiatives
- 4+ years of work experience in audit management and/or operational risk management
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, exceptional interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to streamline complex processes
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with excellent follow-up skills
- Comfortable with a “hands-on” approach and balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope/direction, all with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to see opportunities to improve or automate processes
- Comfortable collaborating with business partners, identifying and addressing business needs through building solid relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change very quickly with minimal direct supervision
- Project management experience, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics, a plus
- CPA, CISA or CIA, a plus
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.