LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Work across the engineering and operations teams to design and develop software and tools for orchestrating infrastructure and platform as a service that enables developers to build, deploy, monitor and scale Lending Club systems. You will be part of a core team that has a high degree of autonomy and leverage to change the way that financial service products are delivered to consumers and institutions.
What You'll Do
- Build tools and integrate systems to handle new features and business requirements that scale transactions and secure data.
- Build frameworks and products that enable other engineering teams to integrate infrastructure and platform as part of development cycle
- Collaborate with operations, security and development teams to design standardization and build frameworks to reduce the risk and liabilities
- Help ensure changes are secure, compliant, efficient, and successfully implements the organization’s key business initiatives.
- Build systems which help us in efficient underwriting and fighting fraud.
- Monitor site availability and reliability on a daily basis
- Participate in on-call rotation for production changes and trouble-shooting
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, geographically distributed backend systems.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Python/Java development experience is a plus.
- Love of test automation to make sure your code actually works
- Experience with AWS and/or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Ability in rather contributing to OpenSource solutions than building solutions from ground up.
- Experience or passionate about operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Burning desire to automate anything and everything that can possibly be automated
- Instant curiosity and desire of learning new things
- Motivated to take on any difficult and even boring tasks while others might not be interested in or feel like impossible
- Mindset of doing a right thing and moving forward quickly with what should be done better
- Experience in keeping costs low while building your products.
- Experience in Linux Administration
- Computer Science Degree with industry experience is required.
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level architectures
- Works well with others, selflessly offer helps, and fearlessly takes on any tasks
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.