LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Are you looking for a challenging role that will allow you to drive business strategy through data analytics and modeling? Do you want to support a growing team that drives a key product of the business?
LendingClub is looking to hire a Senior Growth Analytics Manager within our Direct Mail Marketing Analytics Acquisition team. As a key member of this team, you will manage the overall data and model strategy roadmap for direct mail marketing, developing and maintaining predictive models that we use in direct mail campaigns, and supporting direct mail targeting analytics. You will also be responsible for evaluating new alternative data to implement in our models and strategy.
What You'll Do
- You will help transform and instill in our direct marketing program a data and model-driven culture and framework
- You will develop and maintain predictive models used in direct mail targeting campaigns
- You will build and maintain an efficient infrastructure for model development, documentation, implementation, and validation
- You will provide analytical support on how best to use predictive models to drive targeting innovation and optimization
- You will work closely with Model Risk Governance and Legal/Compliance to make sure model development and validation are documented adequately and are aligned with regulatory requirements
- You will identify and evaluate new data sources and modeling methodologies to improve our current models
- You will serve as the data and modeling subject-matter expect on the direct marketing team
- You will work with cross-functional business partners and external partners on challenger model requirements and evaluation
- You will report, measure and analyze direct marketing campaigns as they relate to the profitable acquisition of new customers
- You will design and oversee the design of experiments for marketing test & learn initiatives
- You will monitor direct marketing performance using analytical tools and methods. This includes collaboration with cross functional teams to understand and mitigate performance trends
- You will synthesize data into succinct presentations that influence senior management decision-making.
- 5+ years of experience in using SAS or SQL (or other relevant tools for data mining such as R or Python) to build models and conduct data analytics
- Hands-on experience on various predictive modeling methods (e.g., logistic regression, multivariate linear regression, decision tree, cluster analysis, etc.) and have familiarity with other data mining/machine learning techniques
- Deep understanding of how direct mail campaigns are run and optimized (preferably within the financial services industry)
- Knowledge of both credit and non-credit attributes that are typically used in prescreen marketing models
- Deep experience building marketing models and demonstrating it in a NPV optimization framework for targeting campaigns
- Experience building and using models not just simply as rank ordering tools, but also using it for point estimation within NPV equations
- Familiar with lifetime customer value modeling
- Ability to present and influence senior leadership, and be able to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Function independently with limited supervision, actively taking ownership of key modeling and analytical projects
- Phenomenal attention to details, dedicated, and willing to really commit
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills needed to manage partnerships with internal teams, regulators, data processors, credit bureaus, and other external vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, operations research, analytics, data science or other management sciences plus 7+ years of experience in a relevant job related experience
- Masters degree in a quantitative field plus 5+ years of experience in a relevant job related field
- PhD in a quantitative field plus 2-4 years of experience in a relevant job related field
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.