MobileIron is the secure foundation of modern work. Think of the way you work today and how important the safety of your data has become. With today’s distributed workforce, for us to stay productive, it’s imperative that we can access our devices and data safely, anytime, anywhere. MobileIron provides that peace of mind to organizations and their employees – an always-on secure and convenient access, no matter what device you use or where you are. Chosen by over 17,000 global enterprises, MobileIron is the leading standalone Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Unified Endpoint Management provider (UEM).
Following a 7-year leadership position in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for EMM, in 2018, MobileIron was also recognized as a leader in Gartner’s inaugural Magic Quadrant for UEM.
Are you excited about winning in cloud, security, and mobility? We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we rapidly innovate to meet the needs of our growing customer base.
The Senior Engineering Manager will provide leadership for enterprise-class server software solutions across on premises and cloud-based platforms. We are seeking a leader with a strong systems and server-side Java programming background who understands the mobile space, expertise in AWS and Linux operating system, and direct experience in the building and operations of distributed software systems.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this is a role that combines hands-on contributions and managerial responsibilities with the opportunity to grow the team. Success in this role requires a solid background in security, mobile, and large-scale web services. Candidate needs to be a strong individual contributor that is capable of providing technical leadership and direction to teams of engineers.
What you’ll be doing…
- This is a hands-on technical role in the Server Team leading the design and development of software and systems for deployment to appliances and cloud platforms that extend to private and public cloud deployment models.
- Direct and lead technical architecture of hardened, well-engineered Linux and AWS systems and toolsets that deliver Java based web applications for environments servicing millions of concurrent users
- Build and maintain systems in a way that ensures compliance with certification, regulatory standards, and a technology-based information security program.
- Build a strong technology team and provide technical strategy, development processes, career development.
- Ensure product architecture and implementations are highly scalable, extensible with superior performance.
- Ensure teams follow best practices regarding coding standards, code reviews, and testing (including unit, integration, and system test).
- Drive positive communication between project teams and collaborate with product managers to build product roadmap.
Who you are...
- A leader who champions a culture of engineering excellence and has superior capabilities in building and managing a team of top-notch engineers.
- A technologist at heart fluent in multiple technology stacks; experienced at full stack development; understand how to navigate server infrastructure and large-scale systems; fluent in performance tuning techniques at the JVM level and the network application architecture level. Are fluent in conversations about common HA idioms.
- An expert at Escalation Management and interfacing with partners/customers
What you’ve done…
You have extensive experience in the role of an Engineering Leader in an enterprise software engineering organization, with some time in a startup. In that role, you were building a product in Cloud/SaaS or Security solutions ideally for large enterprise customers.
- Managed 15+ full-time engineers, experience working globally with 5+ years in roles of increasing responsibility and technical leadership.
- Built highly scalable server side software/cloud services using Java (or C/C++/Golang) and associated infrastructure to support a high volume, globally distributed mobile applications.
- Experience in managing and scaling a distributed application using RDS or equivalent database.
- Experience delivering a completely automated deployment (CI/CD Pipeline) of server side software
- Experience delivering enterprise software using agile development methodology
- Experience with architecting scalable, resilient API platforms for java
- Experience in Linux and AWS systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Fluency with modern DevOps automation toolchains, the AWS ecosystem, and modern containerization, orchestration, and virtualization technologies.
- Development of server side analytics using latest techniques in Big Data is a plus
- Experience working in regulated environments; PCI, Federal is a plus
* We are an EEO/AA Employer. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.