Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a Test Engineer to join our growing team. You will use your technical expertise as a Test Engineer to execute testing for a portfolio of products, ranging from mattresses and furniture to soft goods and consumer electronics. This position manages the day-to-day activities of multiple projects, including, planning, scheduling, testing and reporting. The Test Engineer will perform mechanical and thermal testing; will analyze data and trends; and will provide regulatory support as needed. This position will also support the development of new methodologies or test equipment and will be responsible for implementation into the lab.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, duvets, furniture, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent equally all those who dream big.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work directly with a team of industrial designers, mechanical engineers, and product managers to develop testing protocols, testing equipment and reporting requirements for new materials and products under development.
- Conduct experiments and tests on mattresses, soft goods, and consumer electronics to evaluate design decisions throughout the product development process.
- Collaborate with Human Factors Engineer to design and execute tests that predict ergonomics and comfort performance.
- Work with design and engineering teams to develop new testing methods and analyses when needed.
- Develop new capabilities to support the growth of Casper internal testing lab
- Ensure all Casper products are in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements in domestic and international markets
- Work with external test labs to support new product development
- Work with design and engineering teams to develop design and construction standards for current and existing Casper products
- Support Quality and Manufacturing teams in ongoing testing of manufactured goods as needed
Our dream candidate...
- Is passionate about ensuring products are of the highest quality, with 4+ years of test engineering experience, ideally with a focus on consumer products, furniture, and/or soft goods
- Demonstrates ability to shape product design decisions via testing and experimentation
- Does not shy away from getting his/her hands dirty to do whatever is necessary to achieve success
- Possesses a strong foundation in mechanical engineering fundamentals, including solid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Demonstrates experience analyzing data, as well as developing analytical tools to command functions, monitor responses, parse data from log files, or aid in data review
- Software experience: Excel, LabVIEW, CAD (SolidWorks preferred), Python
- Has hands-on experience with data acquisition, control systems, and electronics
- Basic machining skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Test Engineering or related field.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!