Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
As a member of our Platform Engineering team, you'll be responsible for advancing the Platform team's two pillars of doctrine. You'll grow to be capable in both roles, but you'll also have room to specialize if you want.
What you’ll do:
- Under our pillar of Engineering Empowerment, you will:
- Work with developers to design and improve developer tooling and capability, such as secrets-management or development environments
- Maintain and troubleshoot build infrastructure
- Help codify, implement, and iterate policies, workflows, and software around building, deploying, and hosting apps
- Under our pillar of Operational Integrity, you will:
- Oversee AWS environments, including resource provisioning and management, access delegation, and costs control
- Ensure that our architectures match our policies (and that our policies match our architectures)
- Manage high availability and disaster recovery systems, procedures, and readiness
- Towards both ends you'll work closely (including pair programming) with the rest of the Platform team, as well as with product engineering teams and other technical teams.
What you need for this role:
- Have 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- Comfortable working in, configuring, and troubleshooting virtual Linux server environments
- Fluent in at least one server configuration management tool, such as Ansible or Terraform; must like DAGs
- Dogmatic about alerting and monitoring; you want to be woken up when something important is broken, and left alone when nothing important is broken
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation, for the day that something important does break
Bonus points for:
- The Ruby ecosystem
- Modern time-series monitoring, such as Prometheus
- Network layers (you can do subnet math in your head or read a tcpdump)
- Building, deploying, and/or hosting Docker
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp family of tools (Consul, Vault, Nomad, Terraform)
- Energized by the challenge of working within healthcare regulatory constraints
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.