Casper is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. In this role you will work directly with the Senior Director of Finance Planning & Analysis, manage a senior analyst and support groups across the organization. You will drive process improvements, serve as a true strategic partner to the business, and help elevate the FP&A team to a higher level of operational excellence. You will support strategic projects, annual budgeting, monthly reporting and ad hoc analysis. The right candidate will have a meticulous nature and an attention to detail, coupled with an ability to assess the big picture and concisely tell Casper’s story through the numbers.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Manage monthly financial reporting for departments, leadership and the board, delivering the relevant financial information, analysis and context in a clear and concise manner to frame and facilitate management discussions
- Partner with departments using financial analysis to optimize ongoing processes and evaluate the viability of strategic initiatives including: new products, pricing decisions, partnerships, marketing strategies
- Support strategic projects including 5 year strategic planning, fundraising efforts, potential partnerships or M&A activity, and investor relations
- Coordinate the annual budget and reforecasts between finance and business partners, facilitating cross functional collaboration to ensure the budget supports Casper’s strategic plan
- Create and maintain detailed forecasting models and reports using our financial modeling and reporting tool, Adaptive, in order to support short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Manage a senior financial analyst, providing guidance on projects and assisting in their professional development
Our dream candidate is...
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution with exceptional academic record
- 6-8 years of work experience, with at least four years of direct experience in financial planning & analysis, with fundraising experience a plus (debt or equity)
- Strong Excel skills, experience with financial modeling and a solid base in accounting and finance
- Experience with JD Edwards and Adaptive preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic and drive for results
- Ability to manage multiple project and priorities on a simultaneous basis
- Experience managing a direct report
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!