Join our business development team to help guide our commercial relationships with strategic partners!
As the Manager of Channel Partnerships, you’ll lead the commercial engagements with key channel partners, including reseller partners, referral partners, and OEM engagements. The role is critical for multiple functions within InfluxData; you will work closely with sales, marketing, support and business development as we work with these partners.
Our partners span a broad spectrum of technology, including cloud native infrastructure, container orchestration, enterprise software, IoT device hardware and software, IoT platforms, just to name a few.
This role will serve as the commercial lead in bringing new distribution channels via partnership, with a goal of reaching new customers and new markets beyond our own direct sales motion.
We are looking for candidates who value building relationships and guiding long term strategy. This is a role with an opportunity to significantly accelerate growth of our product and customer base via partnership.
We are people who say “I’ll do it!” and enthusiastically jump into both learn and do the work. Our approach is broad and experimental – we aim to explore multiple commercial and technical approaches to deliver value to our developers. This role will work with many people – both internal and external – so we are looking for a person who is eager to learn, engage, create, and of course hustle.
This role will be based out of our San Francisco office.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish repeatable distribution relationships with prominent / relevant software and service resellers covering cloud native software, enterprise software, and IoT markets
- Devise strategy for long term relationships reseller partners. Consider technical feasibility, revenue opportunity, distribution and market reach
- Create and deliver partner onboarding & enablement for partners; including technical enablement process delivered via Partner Engineering organization
- Create and present internal business rationale for these partnerships and/or markets
- Manage the business relationship with relevant partners, including daily, weekly, monthly communication, deal-making & negotiation, contract negotiation, and strategic direction
- Align internal product, marketing, and sales efforts with new markets and/or partner objectives
- Drive scheduling and lead ongoing collaboration between external partner teams and internal InfluxData teams, including sales, BD, and support
- Lead the revenue planning and success metrics for entry into new partnerships & markets
- Communicate strategy and progress internally; execute across multiple internal teams
- Own the relationship with each partner
Your skills and experience:
- 7+ years relevant experience in channel sales or business development in cloud infrastructure and services, software-as-a-service, or IoT
- Strong understanding of the cloud infrastructure ecosystem and competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of open-source, cloud-native ecosystem and leading trends
- Experience with product and service analytics
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, specifically the ability to speak to business development leaders, C and VP-level executives, product managers, engineers and attorneys
- Ability to inspire internal teams to handle deadlines, understand commercial obligations, and help partners distribute joint solutions by building excellent internal, cross-functional relationships
- You are a person who thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Hands on: passionate. Persistent. Creative. Get things done. High personal productivity
Nice to have
- Cloud native software experience, particularly AWS, Google Cloud, and MS Azure
- Familiarity with open source developer communities
- Experience with international partnerships
- Experience working with sales organizations
InfluxData is the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB. The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We’re a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.