Join our business development and partnerships team to help create new integrations and solutions for our customers and open source community!
As the Manager of Partner Engineering, you’ll lead the technical engagements with our partners. The position is part of the Business Development and Partnerships team, focused on building out meaningful, tangible technology partnerships, both within the InfluxData ecosystem and expanding to others. The role is critical for multiple functions within InfluxData; you will work closely with engineering, product management, marketing, support and sales as we build and release integrations from and with our partners.
Our partners come from several areas of technology, including cloud infrastructure, container orchestration, IoT device hardware and software, IoT platforms, just to name a few.
This role will serve as the technical lead in bringing integrations and joint solutions to market with our partners. It is a combination of product development, project management, and partner technical support.
We are looking for candidates who value continual improvement and building tools and teachings that benefit the developer community. We are people who say “I’ll do it!” and enthusiastically jump into both learn and do the work. Our approach is broad and experimental – we aim to explore multiple technical approaches to deliver value to our developers. This role will work with many people – both internal and external – so we are looking for a person who is eager to learn, engage, create, and of course hustle.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Establish and run extended technical engagements with technology partners
- Manage deliverables via milestones and launch dates with partners and internal stakeholders
- Drive technical launch process with internal product, marketing teams
- Own first level of technical support for partner integrations and solutions
- Present technical integrations and solutions to web and live audiences (webinars, events)
- Communicate to executive team progress against milestones and launch dates
- Track success and deliver objective analysis on partner-led and in-house projects
- Own and update documentation on technical integrations and solutions
What You'll Bring:
- Experience in a customer or partner-facing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong understanding of cloud native technology and software ecosystem
- 4+ years of technical work: support, development, engineering, etc.
- At least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.) Linux administration experience, comfortable on the command line
- At least one deployment platform or toolset (Kubernetes, Docker, Hashicorp, etc.) experience, comfortable writing “How-To’s” and “Quickstarts.”
- At least one major cloud platform (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.) experience, with working knowledge of the products offerings of each
- Experience in project management or extended technical support engagements
- Comfortable presenting in small and large audience environments
- Professional, personable, conscientious
A Plus If You Have:
- Software development experience, particularly Golang
- Cloud native application experience, particularly using AWS, Google Cloud, or MS Azure
- Git or other version control systems experience
- Familiarity with system monitoring tools and practices
- Documentation or tech writing experience
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with time-series data tools
- Professional Services or Training experience
InfluxData provides a modern time series platform that has been designed from the ground up to handle metrics and events (time-series data). The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects – Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, and Kapacitor.
We're backed by Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, Battery Ventures and Sapphire Ventures
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 99.99% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.