About the Role
This position is an exciting opportunity to join &Co, Uber's newly launched in-house creative agency, and work on global marketing projects across all of Uber's core businesses & products.
As part of the &Co Creative Production department, this position sits at the hub of a talented, enthusiast, fun, and highly collaborative studio team. It's a chance to help create world class work across editorial, animation, motion design, and more - helping communicate and set in motion Uber's core mission to empower and improve lives around the globe.
Uber - Senior Post Production Manager
The Uber Creative Production team is looking for a Senior Post Production Manager who will be responsible for the organization and optimization of all post production work and will collaborate with the Creative Production team to ensure consistent workflows and best practices are being used across the entire production process.
The Senior Post Production Manager role is a multifaceted position involving management, infrastructure, and creativity. This position will report to the Head of Film & Motion and will oversee post production on film/motion projects from production’s hand-off through final delivery.
This position includes creating initial post production budgets and calendars, hiring and managing the work of internal and freelance Post Producers and Post Production Coordinators, resourcing and managing the work of Editors, Assistant Editors, Motion Designers, Animators, Audio Mixers/Designers and Colorists.
This position will work closely with Producers to review scripts, advise on budgets and scheduling, manage resource allocation with internal talent and relationships with existing and potential outside post vendors and crew. The Senior Post Production Manager oversees management of final post and delivery process for all projects including Legal on any deliverable issues, and ensures all deliverables are delivered in proper form, on time. This position is a direct liaison with stakeholders so the position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Senior Post Production Manager will maintain oversight of Post Production budgets, meeting with Creative Production leadership on a regular basis to help strategize project completion, keep Producers updated when cost estimates change, and to ensure accurate and proper billing paperwork.
Core Job Duties:
- Resourcing - assign the right people to the right projects
- Project Management - Post-produce & manage projects for the post team. POC responsible for interfacing with producers, project managers, creatives, and other project collaborators.
- Infrastructure Management - Plan and manage post infrastructure in coordination with Prod Ops.
- Vendor Management - Manage resource augmentation needs with freelancers and vendors.
- Technical Direction - POC for establishing, communicating, and maintaining best practices
- Creative/Quality Assurance - Oversee creative & quality standards of post-production team deliverables.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee post production on wide variety of video and motion/animation projects.
- Manage editor/motion designer schedules, maintaining good channels of communication between producers and editors/motion designers.
- Consistently review cuts at various stages and provide clear and timely feedback and suggestions to editors/motion designers.
- Consider cutting edge industry tools, software, or tactics and propose benefits for adopting
- Develop team activities and initiatives that promote purpose of work, autonomy and mastery
- Be responsible for the training and scheduling of freelance staff
- Own vendor relationships and ensure proper management of those accounts
- Be responsible for the scoping and scheduling of all post-production requests
- Be responsible for all post production documentation, training and onboarding
- Responsible for managing all aspects of post projects, including pre-pro, asset management, production, review, and final delivery.
Who You Are:
- 7-10 Years experience working in Production and Post-Production required.
- Expert level knowledge in motion/animation production processes required.
- Expert level knowledge in editorial processes required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with budgeting, scheduling and booking Post Production services.
- Experience delivering content to digital and network specification deliverables.
- Experience working closely with producers & production ops to maintain footage, b-roll library, and archival process for all footage and projects.
- Responsible for knowing best practices for transcoding, uploading and video mastering needs.
- Strong technical writing skills and responsible for creation of training materials on process, workflow, and systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Film & Digital Media, Communications, or Marketing
- Proven expertise in post production workflow and relevant terms.
- Thorough understanding of post-production infrastructure and tools including Adobe Creative Suite & Cinema4D.
- You are an energetic and creative problem solver, and approach situations with a collaborative figure it out mentality.
- Expert in dealing with ambiguity and striving to always find a clear path forward.
- A can-do attitude and a desire to make the workplace fun.