BlueJeans is looking for a manager for our Site Reliability Engineering team. The SRE team engages with software development teams to improve the reliability, operability, and visibility into the health of the BlueJeans video conferencing platform and work very closely with NOC to support production reliable and highly available.
We value solid communication and focus on execution, development of close partnerships, and strong incident & people management experience as we drive optimization and seamless customer experiences, and lightning fast performance of BlueJeans SaaS offerings. We are passionate about monitoring and improving performance, resource utilization, and ensuring that our hosted environments can scale to meet the needs of our ever-growing customer base.
You will work to directly build a team and improve the experience and value of BlueJeans brand as you solve customer’s issues to ensure that they enjoy a rock solid meetings platform.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
- Own Availability, Scalability, Operability of BlueJeans SaaS offerings where expectation is to design, develop, write, ship, and motivate the creation of software and systems to increase reliability and organizational efficiency of Critical products of BlueJeans.
- Expected to work in collaboration with NOC, NetOps, DevOps and Engineering to make production Reliable and Scalable.
- Expected to work in collaboration with BlueJeans strategic accounts and customer success teams to troubleshoot customer submitted issues.
- Manage SRE team members being embedded with Engineering teams to support strategic projects
- Support to Incident management and internal Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process and documentation while NOC Tier1 own these.
- Developing Deployment MOP and Production Runbooks and handover to NOC
- Lead new deployment to staging and production environments and get it matured
- Ensuring that short-term hacks, are replaced with long-term solutions from Operations
- Drive improvement and automation activities to streamline execution for non-actionable alerts. Expected to Automate current manual processes via Terraform, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Manage JIRA ticket ingest, assignment, and metrics for SRE team.
- Find scalability bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- People management for local Non-SRE Ops team members from NetOps, Voice Engineers and DBA
- Help engineers develop their careers through personal and performance management
- Expand the team by hiring the best engineers
- 5+ years of technical experience in Site Reliability Engineering
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager in an Engineering or Operations capacity.
- Strong Linux administration skills with an emphasis on shell scripting.
- Hands on technical experience with supporting SaaS based applications.
- Expertise with AWS platform including RDS, VPCs, ECS/EKS, and Lambda.
- Expertise with Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes (or other orchestration tools), and Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring platforms (Datadog, Nagios) and Application Performance Management (APM) systems (New Relic, AppDynamics).
- Experience with Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline configuration, deployment, and support.
Why BlueJeans is THE PLACE to be?
BlueJeans Network delivers cloud-based video communications that connect people, build relationships and drive business growth. Video is an
immersive, face-to-face experience that enables people to work more collaboratively and makes businesses more efficient.
We have a fun and collaborative work culture! We live and breathe in a Hackathon environment where engineers have a passion to “get stuff
done” with an Agile methodology. We have fun, are technically satisfied, eat well and love to compete in table tennis and pool. We've built the 1st
cloud-based interoperable live video platform uniquely designed for all types of interactive video communications.
We have raised $175M in funding from top venture capitalists: Accel, Battery, NEA and Norwest. Our team is composed of rock stars from a blend