We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
As a Software Support Engineer on our Delivery team you will be responsible for maintaining and updating solutions in Cortex5. You can speak the language of any department and are equally comfortable working with developers, user experience designers, project managers, sales teams, and DevOps folks. In this role, you will have the opportunity to put cognitive computing in action to truly change the world! Come join us on our journey.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is passionate about maintaining high quality software
- Believes that software development is a craft and is committed to investing in improving their skills
- Has some experience in a customer service or client facing role
- Has a passion for learning - continuously learns to build new skill sets that advance their skills in the AI space
- Troubleshooting and analyzing basic technical coding issues submitted by internal or external clients
- Own, debug and document basic investigations and resolution of issues within code base using varied technical techniques, including modifying existing software code
- Contribute ideas to continually improve the team’s productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
- Make a fun environment working with a great team and create cutting edge software
- 2+ years experience software development experience
- Ability to code and debug applications in Python or Java
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex information to both internal and external teams in relevant business terms
- Some experience with performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation especially in distributed and cloud environments
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Computer Science, Math, or Engineering major is preferable
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.