Common’s hands-on, end-to-end property management and technology offering allows us to deliver unparalleled services that address the actual needs of today’s renter while providing significantly above-market returns for our real estate partners. This makes us the preferred choice for city-dwelling adults looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
This is an exciting position for an Assistant Project Manager who is keen to grow in a client-side role with close mentoring and support. The ideal candidate enjoys the fast paced, multi-disciplined nature of construction project management and is looking to grow their construction management experience across multiple projects. As the Assistant Project Manager, you will report directly to the Director of Construction and Procurement. Success in this role will see you grow into a Project Manager, responsible for managing large projects, subcontractors and Developer Partner relationships autonomously.
- Track project schedules and progress milestones in conjunction with development partners
- Manage communication and project tasks between the developer, Common’s subcontractors and Common internal teams to ensure a successful home opening
- Create project specific scopes and schematic layouts for access control, WiFi and camera systems
- Contract management of Common’s directly engaged subcontractors, including but not limited to WiFi, Camera, Access Control and Window Furnishings subcontractors
- Coordinate technical details and timing requirements between Common’s subcontractors and the development partner or on site General Contractor
- Manage project budgets and assess progress claims for Common’s subcontractors
- Uphold Common’s Brand Standards and quality expectations through site inspections and best practice documentation
- This role includes travel to new home locations around the country. Travel is typically 2-3 days at a time and occurs approximately every 5-6 weeks
- 2+ years Construction Project Management Experience either as a client or General Contractor
- Experience within the Residential, Hospitality or Retail sectors is preferred
- Experience with Construction Quality Control
- Project Management and organizational skills
- Experience with Project Scheduling
- An understanding of construction procurement, invoice processing and financial reporting
- Demonstrate experience managing trade works for the full life cycle of tendering, procurement & payment
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts, compiling contracts, and ensuring that vendor work remains within budget
- A keen love of organization and prioritization, working across several projects at a time
- Demonstrate an attention to detail on complex tasks
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.