About the Role
Common is seeking an Associate to join our Real Estate team in a product and growth capacity. This is a unique opportunity for someone with strong presentational skills, impeccable organizational skills, a strong work ethic and ambitious attitude to get experience helping to lead a B2B sales team in a growth-stage company. This person will act as the “chief of staff” for the Real Estate team, and will work directly with the Managing Director of Real Estate on strategic initiatives that ensure the Real Estate team stays on track to meet its ambitious growth objectives. This role is based in our NYC office.
Working directly with the Managing Director of Real Estate, the Associate will tackle a variety of high- and low-level product- and strategy-related tasks. No two days will be the same. Adaptability and creativity are key traits of anyone taking on this role, with responsibilities including:
- Interfacing with potential RE investors, lenders and other strategic partners who seek to establish programmatic relationships with Common
- Supervising the rollout of new products and processes across the team
- Regularly soliciting and incorporating feedback from RE team to adjust existing product definitions or create brand new products to fit new customer segments
- Consistently tracking and analyzing metrics from Salesforce to better focus the RE team’s business development efforts
- Creating, maintaining, and refining pitch decks and other collateral used to win RE business for Common
- Undertaking other strategic initiatives that advance the RE team towards its goals
This role could transition into a Director-level RE business development facing role over time.
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate, or banking, consulting, or investor relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong analytical mindset with an ability to quickly understand and breakdown complex ideas, tasks and processes
- Detail-oriented and can thrive in accomplishing specific mission-driven tasks
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment, able to work without well-worn paths or established protocols
- BA/BS in Finance or Business
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.