The successful Insider Threat Analyst must be a team player as well as an individual contributor. Whether working independently or as part of a team, individuals in this role must be able to successfully complete deliverables and meet or beat expectations within designated timeframes, as defined by a project plan. Successful candidates will have a strong foundation of excellent analytical skills enhanced by a clear devotion to serving and satisfying customers.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Analyze customer activity data to identify current or potential threat-related events, behaviors, and patterns.
- Coordinate with customers to determine areas of specific interest and concern upon which to focus investigations.
- Prepare and deliver reports, using metrics and data visualizations, to effectively communicate discoveries to customer.
- Develop recommendations to address and remediate threat discoveries, and proactive measures to promote a secure customer environment.
- Establish and secure trust with clients by maintaining privacy, confidentiality, and objectivity for all interactions with the customer and their data.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to customers, for both troubleshooting and usage of the Dtex software platform as needed.
- Coordination with engineering resources for Tier 3 support of the Dtex solutions for existing customer deployments as needed.
- Working with engineering to provide feedback based on personal and customer impressions of Dtex services, reporting bugs and problems encountered in the field, and making recommendations for improvement and new service features.
Skills & Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience in business intelligence, operations, or analytics. Experience in security, fraud, or financial services strongly preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Experience with administration, troubleshooting and scripting in Linux and Windows environments (PowerShell or Python experience preferred)
- Ability to access and analyze data using industry standard tools (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Lucene, Kibana, Tableau, Qlik, Crystal Reports, Excel).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally. Ability to communicate findings to all levels of Management team to include Director and CxO levels.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools desirable (R, Matlab, SPSS, etc.).