As the Cloud Data Architect, you will be responsible to design, deploy, manage and maintain data architecture within an AWS environment. You will provide technical leadership to the team and be responsible for maintaining technical specifications. As a Cloud Data Architect, you will have a heavy focus on designing the solutions and driving calibration between teams to deliver data products . To be successful in this role you will need a solid understanding of data management concepts and how cloud technology can solve big data issues.
This role will report to the VP of Data Engineering and BI and be based at our corporate headquarters in Oakbrook Terrace, IL.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Cloud Data Architect, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the design and standards of data applications.
- Deep understanding of Infutor’s Identity graph and into and out of to other systems.
- Review security reports and research violations
- Oversee data access policies and secruity
- Mentor developers and other team members around Big Data technologies
- Determine capacity and budgeting for Data systems
- Provide estimates and oversight within a Scrum environment
- Ability to travel to Costa Rica 2-3 times a year
- Lead code reviews
- Must have keen attention to detail and lead team to uphold high standards of data integrity
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3 years IT experience in AWS data services
- Hands on experience working with Complex Data Warehouses
- Have designed and built a Data Lake using Spark,Scala,EMR and/or Glue
- Experience with Redshift or Snowflake using Matillion or other ETL tools
- Data Modeling experience
- Proficient with SQL
- Solid S3 understanding
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Hands on experience using AWS RDS and NoSql
- Experience with building identity graphs
- Identity & Access Management (Security Provisioning) understanding and knowledge
- Understanding of consumer data protection and privacy laws a plus
- Excellent project planning and delivery skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to deliver presentations
- Ability to communicate status of tasks (progress and milestones).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage overall workload.
- Must be comfortable working in a small, fast moving environment and willing to step up and take responsibility for team deliverables.
- Must have keen attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse group of perspectives
- Strong customer service orientation
Benefits and Perks
Because at Infutor, People Matter
Our total rewards package is competitive and offers a wide range of options, including tools and resources that help employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver. Our benefit programs and services help employees attain their future retirement savings and career goals, as well as help to meet their everyday needs today.
Our benefits are subject to change, and offered to Full-Time, Permanent Employees.
- Ownership—Performance Unit Grants
- Corporate Bonus Program Eligibility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401k Company Match
- 100% employer paid monthly premiums for Employee Only Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- A variety of medical and prescription drug insurance plan options available through our provider, BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, including a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan, two Point-Of-Service (POS) Plans, and a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
- Dental (Principal) and Vision (VSP) insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Healthcare and Dependent Care through WageWorks. A Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) is available when you choose the HDHP.
- 100% employer paid Group Term Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance, and Long-Term Disability .
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan that allows participants to have the choice of Roth or pre-taxed contributions automatically deducted from your pay.
- Voluntary Benefits:
- Identity Protection Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance & Group Universal Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Commuter Spending Account
- Paid Time Off for vacation, illness, and parental leave.
- Company sponsored events and much more!