Infutor Data Solutions, LLC provides world-class data solutions for businesses to most accurately identify key consumer information, powering them to make critical, strategic business decisions. We do this through access to the most comprehensive and accurate data, provided through powerful and flexible technology, giving businesses extensive insight into the core of their business. Infutor's data solutions drive essential business functions in identity verification, fraud and risk, marketing, analytics, multi-media, and compliance applications.
Infutor was formed in 2003 as a compiler of mass telephone and referential data assets. Since then, Infutor Data Solutions has grown into a full-service provider, producing world-class data solutions, which empower businesses to make critical, strategic decisions. In 2016, Infutor received a large strategic investment led by the growth equity team at Norwest Venture Partners, a global multi-stage investment firm with more than $6 billion in capital under management.
Infutor’s headquarters are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. with offices in Fort Myers, FL., and San Rafael de Escazú, Costa Rica.
Developer Position Description
As a Developer, you will work in our growing technology team. A software developer at Infutor researches, analyze requirements, plans, designs, codes, tests and deploys the applications he/she works on. Once the system is in production, he/she is responsible of giving support by debugging and maintaining the system. For this reason, this position needs to be multi-disciplinary, not a specialist, and also needs to have knowledge on a variety of technologies that will allow him/her to provide technical excellence required.
This role will report to our Manager of Development, and be based in our San Rafael de Escazú office.
Key Performance Indicators for this role are:
- Self- management: Every piece of software developed, must be done following Agile methodologies. The developers must be self-managed, they should be able to gather requirements, then plan and estimate iterations based on it. They must also report progress and inform about any issue that shows up in a daily basis. At the end of the iteration, they should perform reviews and retrospectives for identifying what can be improved on the next one.
- Documentation: Every piece of software developed, must be well documented before it is coded. Documentation shouldn’t be extensive but must help the developer to plan the solution before working on it.
- Coding: Always apply best practices: write code that is easy to read, simple, easy to maintain, has good performance and can be extended. Code refactor whenever any of this attributes can be improved.
- Support: Maintain and modify existing application software based on new software release requirements. Provide system support on production issues, user and tester needs.
- Quality: Only deliver what is 100% finished. This includes what is fully tested.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Developer, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform: analysis, design, coding and testing for all software assignments.
- Write documentation on internal code, architecture, and design
- Write Unit Tests (before writing the code)
- Code always using best practices and standards for ensuring technical excellence.
- Only deliver fully working software.
- Provide support on production issues.
- Close report of the project advance.
- Technical coaching.
At Infutor, developers work in an Agile environment, so one needs to fully understand and follow the principles stated in the Agile Manifesto (http://agilemanifesto.org/principles.html). Depending on the project, he/she may work in self-organized teams or by themselves; in both cases they need to be self-motivated and independent. The Developer will need to work incrementally, willing to revisit work (code refactoring) and accepting that the big picture will evolve over time (forget about big designs up front).
Qualifications and Skills
Ideal Technical Expertise:
- University degree or college diploma in the field of computer science, computer engineer or related.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience dealing with web frameworks including but not limited to Node.js and Angular.
- Experience writing unit test and designing testable code.
- Database and data storage knowledge.
- Strong back-end knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design patterns.
- Professional experience with object oriented languages such as Java or C# .Net.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
Exceptionally qualified candidates will also have:
- Knowledge of cloud frameworks , specifically AWS Cloud Platform services.
- Experience with modern source control repositories (e. g. Git) and devOps toolsets (Jenkins/ Ansible etc).
- Experience with microservice architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience with open source applications, frameworks, libraries and unix-like operating systems.
Ideal Business Expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (Spanish/English)
- Proactive self-starter
- Problem solver with critical thinking skills
- Quality focus
- Quick learner interested in self-development
- Ability to multitask with multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and partner with a team as an effective collaborator
- Desire to learn and grow at a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Adaptive and flexible - able to change direction as required
Compensation and Benefits
A career with Infutor offers:
- Competitive payment
- Opportunity to learn new technologies
- Design freedom under establish parameters
- Tuition programs.
- Excellent work environment
- Work from home program
- Breakfast and lunch
- Private medical insurance
- Performance Units
- Employee Referral Bonus