Engineering at Karat
As a Data Analyst, you will support a wide variety of business stakeholders within Karat to help drive decision-making and improvements to our product. As a key member of our engineering team, you will advance your skills rapidly through mentorship. Karat takes engineering mentorship seriously and will help you grow in your role as your team grows.
- As a principal member of this team, you will help create repeatable, sustainable tools for giving teams the data they need and making the most important data visible throughout our company.
- You will work with individual users to help create SQL queries and dashboards that are critical to our day-to-day business intelligence.
- You will help optimize and improve the processes by which we review and analyze our data.
- As you grow in this role, you will help us improve our data quality, ingest new data at scale, and drive improvements in our user experience and business decisions.
- You will proactively deliver insights that will help make all of our teams more focused and productive.
- You can compose complex SQL queries in response to user needs.
- You are comfortable working with both technical and non-technical users to understand data requirements.
- You are comfortable explaining nuances of data to non-data-oriented teammates.
- You want to learn and understand our business in order to better understand teams' actual data needs and draw meaningful, predictive conclusions.
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, and you always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field, such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, information management, or business administration
- You have experience writing complex SQL queries.
- You are comfortable with mathematical and statistical concepts such as confidence intervals, probability distributions and statistical significance.
- You have strong skills at prioritization and triaging incoming requests by importance.
- Some experience writing code in a dynamic language like Python or Ruby is strongly preferred.
- Interviewing, teaching, or mentoring experience is a plus to help you relate to our mission and culture!
- 2+ years of experience using SQL, R, or similar tools.
- Specific experience with PostgreSQL or Metabase is a plus.