Who is Karat?
Karat is the world's leader in conducting first-round technical interviews. Our network of experienced interview engineers have conducted over 20,000 technical interviews on behalf of clients including Indeed, Pinterest, Intuit, and Citrix. We continuously analyze our interview data to get smarter and more predictive with every interview we conduct. As a result, our clients reclaim 60% of engineering hours per hire, accelerate achievement of their hiring goal by 25%, and offer an exceptional experience with 95% of candidates rating their experience as positive.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Interviewer Management Team
The interview engineer management team is responsible for interview engineer experience and management from the moment an interview engineer applies to work at Karat to becoming a senior mentor. We oversee interview engineer hiring, onboarding and growth, as well as managing overall Karat relationship. We are responsible for delivering enough interview engineer capacity and capabilities to meet client needs. We care deeply about meeting our metrics, but we don't sacrifice culture, not on our own team, nor among the interview engineer community at large. We strive to be leaders in diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat it as a vital business need.
Our team is located across the United States, and meets regularly each week using remote technology including online chat and video software. Our interview engineers are located internationally, with a wide variety of work interests and life experiences. We are united by a mission to deliver exceedingly positive candidate experiences and fair interview results.
- Develop interview engineers from candidacy to training and through becoming mentors.
- Ensure interview engineers have a positive and constructive relationship with Karat
- Connect with interview engineers to clarify next steps, answer questions and be encouraging in the delegation of tasks
- Help interview engineers achieve the work load and work type that they are interested in, while also meeting client needs.
- Schedule and facilitate events, such as town halls, training sessions and performance reviews
- Own performance management and drive interview engineer retention
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings and contribute to team brainstorms and projects
- Steer interview engineer culture and community as a role model, community leader and moderator.
- Use documentation to clarify interview engineer expectations
Additional responsibilities depending on team needs and your interests
- Create and improve processes to operationalize and scale interview engineer management and on-boarding
- Work with product managers to report bugs and explain features required by the interview engineer team
- Create monthly newsletters to keep interview engineers informed and engaged
- Create personalized updates for individual interview engineers about their candidate feedback, outcomes, and overall performance
- Approve interview engineer invoices and expenses
- Initiate interview engineer team building and respond to individual interview engineer need
- Detail oriented
- Strong communicator
- Comfort running productive and personal meetings
- Comfortable initiating 1on1 conversations and maintaining positive relationships with a diverse community
- Strong spreadsheet and writing skills are a plus
- Experience working with software engineers
- Experience working with remote teams
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination