Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Case Management at Policygenius
Do you have a knack for customer problem-solving and an eye for detail? Do you like take pride in delivering an organized and complete work product for customers? Are you an experienced people leader?
This role is the critical link among our life insurance clients, our agents and insurance partners. You’ll be managing our high-performing Case Management Team, which: ensures application packages are in good order, gathers and reviews all underwriting requirements, and assists our clients with securing the best available offer for their life insurance needs.
- Co-manage a case management team and own their individual and team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, and professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide them regular visibility into the progress toward those goals; ensure they have the performance feedback/data they need to optimally perform
- Provide daily coaching and supervision through: side-by-sides, retroactive ticket review and team huddles
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel for immediate team; deliver on hiring targets set by direct manager
- In concert with the quality assurance team, ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to Pg quality standards
- Work with team leads and applicable stakeholders to handle client escalations and vendor issues--providing actionable feedback to drive process and product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders,VP, Directors) focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience required
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and workflow mastery in case management
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize throughout the day
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- Demonstrated people skills: sound judgment in people situations, ability to have difficult conversations, ability to deliver feedback in line with the PG model, empathy and tact
- Humility and an openness to learn
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)