Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Engineer to join us in our NYC Headquarters. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Lead decisions between building new features and integrating off-the-shelf solutions
- Define non-functional requirements, such as quality, security, and extensibility
- Evolve our service-oriented architecture to satisfy the challenges of our growing business
- Increase the performance and resiliency of our web services
- Champion the patterns and practices allowing us to frequently deploy with confidence
- Led significant changes to complex systems
- Extensive experience with full-stack development, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Earned the respect and trust of other engineers as a strong technical leader and mentor
- 6+ years of experience building and running cloud architectures
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
You may be a good fit if you
- Are motivated by Talkspace's mission
- Appreciate agility, simplicity, and pragmatism
- Are passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security
- Are comfortable working with a diverse set of programming languages and paradigms
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.