The Act-On Engineering Operations team is hiring a Network Systems Engineer with a background in datacenter and cloud environments to help us with design, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of our production systems & network. Our team is responsible for technology areas including automation, networking, virtualization, container orchestration, system and database administration, and management of co-located, cloud and serverless infrastructure.
Are you experienced in networking technologies and enjoy learning and applying various emerging technologies? As an experienced member of our team, you’ll participate in the selection, design, and implementation of the solutions that drive our products and have the opportunity to mentor and guide our technical teams.
A Candidate Must:
- Have solid understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies.
- Have working technical knowledge of network control and security protocols.
- Have strong knowledge of IP communication and routing is required.
- The ability to implement, administer, and solve problems with network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- The ability to build accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Understand infrastructure design patterns (logging, monitoring, HA, DR, automation).
- Have experience with F5 Networks and Cisco ASA.
- Have a solid understanding of interconnecting networks via VPN or other secure means.
- The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Have good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative agile environment.
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
The Perfect Candidate Would:
- Be driven to automate all processes.
- Have experience with VMware NSX or other SDN technologies
- Have experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Have experience administering cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Have at least 5 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry standard methodologies.
- Have the ability to define and implement security protocols for transmitted and stored data.
- Have the ability to translate requirements from other technical staff into a comprehensive design.
- Have the ability and willingness to help troubleshoot and work on local area networks supporting office environments.
- Have knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Have the ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- Have 2+ years of administering applications running on Linux (CentOS/Red Hat a plus).
Experience and Education:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies and hardware we use:
Cisco (ASA 55xx, Nexus 9xxxx, UCS 51xx, HyperFlex 2xx), F5 BIG-IP, Dell, AWS, VMware, CentOS, NetApp, NGINX, HAProxy, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Sensu, Splunk, Java/Tomcat, Vault, Pivotal Cloud Foundry