About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst provides data and analytics software and services to help providers and risk-bearing entities unleash their data to operate in a data-informed manner, driving improvements in their clinical and financial operations. Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others; enabling the Company to analyze healthcare records of over 100 million patients. Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The primary accountability of this role is to work closely with clients and the Health Catalyst Cost Management Consultants to implement Health Catalyst’s Activity-Based Costing System (CORUSTM). CORUSTM gives our clients unprecedented insights into the cost to deliver care and empowers them to leverage the data across Health Catalyst’s analytics platform. The Analytics Engineer will be the primary technical resource with a focus on creating patient activities across the continuum of care and linking those activities back to the general ledger. This candidate should display a deep understanding of SQL combined with working knowledge of common EMR and General Ledger data structures in healthcare (e.g. OR, ED, Scheduling, Supply Chain, etc.). Come help us change healthcare!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the success of deployments for the CORUS product suite.
- Interact with the client’s Finance, Operations and Clinical teams on a regular basis throughout the engagement.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with HC design standards.
- Manage technical client projects by providing technical oversight; ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Conduct data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- Work with client data architects to train and mentor on HC tools and methodologies.
- Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills.
- Deep experience designing, implementing and loading custom data models that reflect real-world problems.
- Deep understanding of the clinical and operational data structures with common EMR systems (Epic, Cerner, etc.). Knowledge of Cerner is highly desired.
- Strong experience delivering analytics to technical, non-technical and management teams that influence and support business strategy.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, relationship building, organization, and time-management skills.
- Experience with healthcare billing and general ledger data.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, organized, resourceful, and highly productive.
- Possess problem-solving skills.
- Anticipates and manages conflict resolution.
- Effective written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, comfortable working under general direction.
- Experience working with healthcare financial systems (such as Lawson, Peoplesoft, etc.).
- Working knowledge of complex cost accounting rules and processes.
- Strong working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools.
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (QlikView, PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports).
- Experience with project management tools and processes.
- Strong experience with development methodologies including agile development.
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in information technology, math, statistics or finance/accounting or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare accounting/finance (desired).
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.