Health Catalyst is currently looking for (Mar 2019 - Aug 2019) intern candidates with the Health Catalyst Financial Transformation software development team. This position will contribute to the testing and documentation of innovative software tools to support Catalyst’s mission to improve the cost and quality of healthcare. The software team builds and supports Catalyst’s data warehousing, clinical content, and deployment system products and is key to scaling Catalyst’s evidence based approach to healthcare improvement. The team uses agile and test-driven development practices for new development as well as refactoring and enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. Understanding the technical and business “why” behind team solutions is an important attribute of a Catalyst Software Developer.
Highly Desirable Technical Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- .NET (C#) and Java
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- Agile development techniques
- Test Driven Development
- Team Foundation Server, BitBucket, and/or GitHub
- Web API and/or Microservices
- Database principles, processes, technologies, and tools (data modeling, design)
- Selenium, Tellurium or Sikuli for UX automation
Required Functional Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High comfort level interacting with colleagues
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new technologies quickly
- Detail oriented and organized
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a team member in planning sprints, software design, and developing and testing features.
- Verify functionality of new release features and bug fixes as described by development in version release notes, and thoroughly document test results for review by the team.
- Help automate test scenarios where possible, and provide continuous feedback to the team on better test planning and execution processes.
Education & Relevant Experience
- Completed some coursework for a BS/BA in Computer science, information systems, or other web development certification program.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.