About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst provides data and analytics software and services to help providers and risk-bearing entities unleash their data to operate in a data-informed manner, driving improvements in their clinical and financial operations. Health Catalyst was named as one of the 30 Best Workplaces in Technology by Fortune Magazine and the 11th best place to work by Glassdoor. Health Catalyst’s platform and applications are being used at leading health systems including, John Muir Health, UPMC, MultiCare Health System, Partners HealthCare, Banner Health, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Texas Children’s Hospital, and over 40 others; enabling the Company to analyze healthcare records of over 100 million patients. Our team lives the cultural attributes of Smart, Hardworking and Humble. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Health Catalyst Data Operating System is a major evolution of our Enterprise Data Warehouse. DOS enables hospitals to process both real-time and batch data, integrate AI and SQL, and create, find and reuse healthcare content like populations, measures, value sets etc.
This role will be part of a brand-new team in DOS focusing on architecting and building Terminology micro-services that enable customers to define, find and use Terminology assets like value sets, groupers etc. Previous experience in a healthcare-related organization is desired but not essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The team uses agile and user story-driven development practices for full stack development as well as for enhancing existing software. All work is done in a team setting with a focus on team accountability and success. You will provide feedback to colleagues through code reviews and pair programming where high standards, passion and the drive to deliver exceptional products are second nature. Collaboration, mentoring and helping others are just part of who you are.
- As most of the team works remotely, you will need to be self-driven and communicate effectively to ask for (and give) help, direction, or clarification as needed.
- As a core developer for this new team, you will need to be able to communicate with Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts, other development leads and team members.
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Team Player
- Professional focus and drive
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Prepared to lay a strong architectural foundation for a brand-new code base
- Commercial Software Development Experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience building software
- Working knowledge of agile tools and source code management systems (Git, VSTS, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern integrated development environments (IDEs like Visual Studio, VS Code, etc.)
- DevOps experience (configuring build/deployment)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Programming Skills
- Is curious and capable of learning new languages rapidly
- MVC & derivatives, Façade, Adapter, SOLID etc.
- Knows, and has worked in, programming languages
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Database Skills
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of relational database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostGRES)
- Technical Skills
- Data warehousing experience
- NoSQL database technologies (ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Healthcare domain knowledge, HL7, FHIR
- Business Intelligence experience
- Application Security
- BS/BA Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in Computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building commercial software
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.